Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wednesday 24th April - Primary Research

I also went on a flower hunt to get some images of flowers myself, so I went into town, and saw some primroses outside that looked like they had just been planted, so were alive and fresh. 




These flowers are 2 toned, and I think this is nice, but what I actually want to do is draw them so they can stylised to create a pattern design which I can then screen print with and experiment with using different colours. I want to create my own patterns from scratch, but still look at the traditional patterns as well such as paisley, which is used in all areas on Indian textile. 

I also went to the local florists in town and in the market, even thought they did not have the best range of flowers, in fact they hardly had any! The market flower stall was selling mostly artificial flowers, and I wanted to photograph fresh flowers - I think there is something about fresh flowers that is not evident in artificial.










The thing that I like about these flowers is that they are simple, and are not hard to draw and stylize. This gives the chance to add extra detail, and if I use the flowers as my design, I could then add beads and embroidery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment